Happy New Year from Physician 360! Our New Year resolution is to continue to empower patient healthcare by expanding our pharmacy network and product offerings. Have you made a New Year’s resolution? What about a New Year’s health resolution?
The CDC recently released their 6 health tips for 2020, complete with links to helpful resources. In the spirit of our ongoing resolution to empower patient healthcare, we’d like to spread the word! We think these tips make great New Year’s health resolutions for everyone.
- Make an appointment for a check-up, vaccination, or screening. Regular oral and medical exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water to prevent the spread of infection and illness. Handwashing involves five simple and effective steps – wet, lather, scrub, rinse, and dry. Learn more about when and how to wash your hands.
- Make healthy food choices. A healthy eating plan emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. It also includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts, and is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
- Get active! Start small – try taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or parking further from your destination. Consider mall walking if the weather is cold or icy. Adults should get at least 2½ hours a week of moderate-intensity physical activity.
- Be smokefree. If you are ready to quit, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569 for Spanish speakers) for free resources, including free quit coaching, a free quit plan, free educational materials, and referrals to other resources where you live. Need inspiration? Check out these videos from the Tips From Former Smokers® campaign.
- Get enough sleep. Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases and conditions—such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression. Adults need seven or more hours per night.
Last but not least, we’d like to add a seventh tip:
- Stock up your medicine cabinet with Physician 360 telemedicine kits! Getting sick is inevitable, so make sure you’re ready in 2020. With Physician 360 telemedicine kits for flu, strep, anemia, UTI, birth control, and erectile dysfunction, you can consult with a board-certified physician from your smartphone and, if indicated, have a prescription sent to your pharmacy or doorstep right away!
Make it your 2020 resolution to never again let illness cost you more time or money than necessary! Keep yourself and your family healthy with the help of Physician 360. Buy today!